inputs on 8 ch i/o board

mtmtntop

just want to make sure i understand this board. can i attach any 1 wire device as an input and have the network read that device? i have 2 devices attached as inputs, and 1 is powered an one is not powered. both of these worked in a different wiring setup. now, neither of these devices hooked up as inputs is seen by the 1 wire network. i have set the ground dp switches based on if the device is powered or not. and i am using an external power device and have the jumper on . the network is working and reading the devices connected via the j45 plub. thanks

If I understand your question correctly then I think you are misunderstanding what the 8 Channel I/O is for.

The inputs on the 8 Channel I/O are not for 1-Wire devices but things like window switches that just have a open or closed state.

If I am misunderstanding what you are asking please let me know.

Eric

If I understand your question correctly then I think you are misunderstanding what the 8 Channel I/O is for.

The inputs on the 8 Channel I/O are not for 1-Wire devices but things like window switches that just have a open or closed state.

If I am misunderstanding what you are asking please let me know.

Eric
i did think the board would recognize 1 wire devices, but i have gotten around that issue by making my own hub. I still have 5 hvac zone valves (hot water heat system) i want to know the open or closed state which i will determine via their end switches. But I wanted to be able to monitor if they are open or closed on my pc. I guess what i do not understand now is can i monitor those valve positions on some software? Or is the i/o board only meant to activate relays based on an open or closed state? ie, no software, only hardware. thanks for your help.

Back