I guess EHX is a let down

Hi David,

Had I known what was in the table for release I would have hopped a plane and travelled 16,000km to EHX....maybe the secret squirrel stuff might have been a little over done. Missed out on dinner too bugger!!!!!

Regards,

Fleetz

Too bad you guys did not make it to EHX. I had dinner with JaysonC, WayneW, Steve, and Lott plus BP, the Dancing With The Stars audio engineer, plus others.

So you missed:
The new iPhone interfaces - basic, plus, pro, and enterprise with free samples.
The latest ELK M1 software
The new ELK-SBA Wave File Audio Announcer
The new ELK-RMS
The new ELK-RMS Configurator
The new ELKRP.net
The new ELK-TS071 Touchscreen
The new SquareD/Clipsal interface
The new Elk Russound interface
The new Nuvo interface
The new Proficient Audio interface
The three Touchscreens that were given away
All the new 3rd party interfaces
Fantastic Show Specials.

All the talk about upcoming products not yet announced that will interface to Elk:
The new RCS WiFi Thermostat
Centralite's Jetstream Zigbee Thermostat

One interesting booth was OnQ's booth where they stayed at home, but motorcycles were being show in it.
The crowds were smaller, but the quality of attendance was great.

Steve and WayneW should have other show reports because they were crusing everywhere.

And the crowd roars... ;) :rockon:

Can you please post more details/screenshots of:

The new iPhone interfaces - basic, plus, pro, and enterprise with free samples. (is this eKeypad?)
The new Elk Russound interface (software or hardware?)

So you missed:
The new ELK-RMS
The new ELKRP.net
The new Nuvo interface
Fantastic Show Specials.

All the talk about upcoming products not yet announced that will interface to Elk:

I certainly don't mean to diminish EHX, but now that the cat is out of the bag, perhaps we could arrange for a full blown demo/review for CocoonTech during ISC West 2009? ;)

So you missed:
The new ELK-RMS
The new ELKRP.net
The new Nuvo interface
Fantastic Show Specials.

I certainly don't mean to diminish EHX, but now that the cat is out of the bag, perhaps we could arrange for a full blown demo/review for CocoonTech during ISC West 2009? ;)
Steve and I spent a lot of time in the Elk booth talking to David and Kirk, asking "what's new?" and we were not told about many of those items. And some of the items we were asked to keep under wraps until Elk was ready to release them (such as the TS071 in 30 days). I don't understand bringing the TS071 to a trade show, showing it off, giving it away and then asking people offering free publicity to not mention it or post pictures of it. I sure would have liked to see the Nuvo interface, the new 3rd party interface and heard about the show specials. :rockon:

I appologize to Steve and WayneW for not giving you a full run down on all the new items, but many are not released yet and we were not ready for full publicity. We tend to publicly launch products when they are tested and ready.

On the other hand, I get concerned when there are comments about nothing is happening and equipment selection is questioned.

Isn't EHX all about publicity?
Dan,
I agree with publicity.

There is a fine line between the excitement of pre-release publicity and upset customers that can not get a product upon public announcement. How many times have you read about a new gadget that will be available in six months? Six months later it is still not available or will never be available because of problems encountered.

As the ELK beta testers on this forum knows, there can be multiple beta test versions of software that they receive before it is publicly announced.

Can you please post more details/screenshots of:

The new iPhone interfaces - basic, plus, pro, and enterprise with free samples. (is this eKeypad?)
The new Elk Russound interface (software or hardware?)

Hi Spanky,

I’m a bit confused by your follow up statements. So none of these items are “officially announced� Does this also mean that if you divulge any details on these top-secret additions… you will have to kill us? :blush:

I think ELK is taking a commendable step by taking the time to ensure quality engineering instead of rushing products out the door to keep up with recent announcements by their competitors. I know a few small companies that try to do too much too fast and they usually lose a lot of customer satisfaction along the way. No one expects Porsche to have a product line that matches Toyota. Most people will find Toyota to be a better one-stop-shopping experience for their minivan. The key is that Porsche offers unique value in their market to a certain set of customers. It is a different model than many American companies follow, and it is not necessarily bad to have fewer products that are carefully designed.

Has anyone that has seen the TS071 noted whether it supports flash or not? It would be awesome if there was a section where you could have a weblink that was essentially within a wrapper and support for flash. There are a few devices out there that have flash interfaces and it would seem like a simple way to integrate those devices.

I have been doing IR with the Elk M1 and Ocelot for a very long time now :blush:

I have a RTI control system fully integrated to the M1 system. It's brilliant and whilst it has IR it also has RF which is really nice. I can control anything from anywhere in the house or outside and around our house using the RTI system. I communicate to the M1 via a XSP serial expander and is rock solid.

So whilst HAI might have a HAI solution for IR control I believe RTI offer a much better solution for both M1 and the HAI systems.

I use a RTI XP-8 controller which I can configure and program via LAN I have 4 RTI TV-3 hand held controllers which communicate back to the XP-8 via a 433MHz RX. The system rocks.....far better than either HAI or ELK can come up with as that remote control is the only thing RTI do.

So I would suggest looking outside the square when looking at a control surface for you HA system.

I have an Ocelot which I played with years ago and was just too restrictive for my application.

My 2 cents worth.

Regards,

Fleetz

Back