Houselinc 2 PLM communitcation issue.

gatchel

I received the HL2 Serial Upgrade today and it wouldn't work right out of the box. It would try to scan for the PLM and it wouldn't recognize it. It would blink the PLM LED though so this told me that something was "funny". I tried different com ports and cables, still no luck. The issue ended up being a software update that fixed the problem (2.0.1.46). The next problem is that the "About" screen still says it is 2.0.1.21 and keeps trying to update it to 1.46. I just keep clicking cancel. Removing, reinstalling, and repairing does nothing.

QC...What QC...

I will give Smarthome support kudos because they recognized the PLM Comm issue and said that it would be fixed by the end of the week.

Good thing the upgrade was "free" because it seems that it is what it's worth at this point. Buggy out of the box.

I am running powerhome right now to make sure all of my links are up to date just in case HL2 breaks my Insteon "Network".

It's always good to have a backup :)

Update.

The latest update is now 2.0.1.45 and seems to fix the constant update issue and the wrong version being shown in the previous update screen.

I commend SH for fixing the problem so fast, BUT, It shouldn't have happened in the first place. It's like they didn't even test the software before it went out the door, even after all of the delays.Bad, bad smarthome, bad boy...

Back