Homeseer Technologies working on a native iPhone interface

JohnWPB

I Just saw the article on the main Cocoon page this morning. This will certainly be nice, but, I would guess they are going to want somewhere around $100 or something for it, but no official price has yet to be stated.

Currently there is a free alternative available on the HSforums written by Tom Pepper (Bobwondernut). It is available in THIS THREAD post #38. I would grab it while you can, as HS could remove the link from the forums, as it does compete directly with this new plugin.

It is not an app for the iphone, it is a set of pages that are installed to the HS html directory. You then simply browse to the page on the iPhone Safari browser. The advantage of this is you can completely customize the page the way you want.

It is a great little addition to the iPhone, and will work on just about all other small screen devices as well.

Here is a screen capture running on my iPhone:
iphonehomeseer.jpg

I went ahead and attached it to this post, is case anyone has trouble finding it.... :)

Attachments

• iphone4hs_020.zip
    67.5 KB · Views: 49
I Just saw the article on the main Cocoon page this morning. This would be nice, but knowing the HS guys, I bet they are going to want like $100 or something for it hahah!

Currently there is a free version available on the HSforums written by Tom Pepper (Bobwondernut). It is available in THIS THREAD post #38. I would grab it while you can, as I am sure HS will probably remove the link from the forums, as it competes directly with them. I have seen other posts removed with links to it in the past already as Jon00 pointed out in post #36 in that same thread.

It is not an app for the iphone, it is a set of pages that are instsalled to the HS html directory. You then simply browse to the page on the iPhone Safari browser. The advantage of this is you can completely customize the page the way you want.

It is a great little addition to the iPhone, and will work on just about all other small screen devices as well.

Here is a screen capture running on my iPhone:
iphonehomeseer.jpg

Cool.

I have been using HomeSeer off and on since 1996. My first impression was, 'wow this is expensive software'. After using various versions of other software I realized the true value of HS. Good luck with the iApps. My eye sight (and budget) is is too poor to experiment now. Try submitting a 'Help Ticket' it i*.

Honestly, I have been writing computer programs since DOS 3. I can do up a i* interface that looks cool and everyone likes, but, I do not have the time to put up with the complaints, so I will not waist my time on that, even if I could make a buck.

Again, good luck if you press the wrong key and get bricked.

Regards

Kr Miller, Oxnard CA

Heck, I went ahead and attached it to this post, just in case they remove it :)

EDIT ADDED:

Wow, these guys are going way too commercial to be impartial moderators, a hem. Good luck with that guys/gals.

Wow, these guys are going way too commercial to be impartial moderators, a hem. Good luck with that guys/gals.
Your quote was messed up so it was hard to separate your post from what you were quoting. Can you fix it?
Who are "these guys"? Are you referring to HST being "impartial moderators"? Who stated that?

Hi,

No, we will not remove the existing 3rd party solution. The iPhone app will not be expensive, it will be in line with iPhone apps from other vendors. Beta testing will be starting very soon.

-Rich
HomeSeer Tech

The iPhone app will not be expensive, it will be in line with iPhone apps from other vendors.
-Rich
HomeSeer Tech

I feel like I just got smoking behind the gym in High School :)

EDIT:

I really meant no disrespect to HS, as I still use it for my house and there is nothing better out there. I was just stating that, looking at the other plugin's available for Home Seer, I was worried that the iPhone one would probably be expensive. In comparison, to use HSTouch on the screen in my living room for instance, it would be $200.

Will the iPhone version require the $200 server to use?

The iPhone app will not be expensive, it will be in line with iPhone apps from other vendors.
-Rich
HomeSeer Tech

I feel like I just got smoking behind the gym in High School :)

EDIT:

I really meant no disrespect to HS, as I still use it for my house and there is nothing better out there. I was just stating that, looking at the other plugin's available for Home Seer, I was worried that the iPhone one would probably be expensive. In comparison, to use HSTouch on the screen in my living room for instance, it would be $200.

Will the iPhone version require the $200 server to use?
No problem John. Here's the scoop. The iPhone app is a client piece for our HSTouch system. So, if you don't already have HSTouch, then yes... you'll need to purchase that. Anyone who's already using HSTouch will only need to add the iPhone app to make everything work. Note: HSTouch is included with HSPRO and PRO-100 systems at no charge.

Alternately, if HSTouch is too costly for you and you only need a simple web-based app, there are a few already available, like the one you mentioned earlier.

-Mark

I also looked at HSTouch, looks pretty but the wife wont allow me the free spending money ;)

In the end I went with Jon00s MyControl package which I must say is pretty slick, its a web based application so the skies the limit on what you can do, one touch dimming of any value etc etc (download it and read the docs), he has now added free iPhone support :D which also happens to work just fine on my Google G1 Android phone (what a result).

If your not commited to any package yet I would reccomend TRYING Jon00s MyControl.. if you like it then its donation ware I THINK!! but what ever it is its CHEAP (call me scrooge).

Some screenshots here >> http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=135723

TrOjAn

i always like jon00's myControl and his touchscreen software... the problem there is configuration. you have to hand-edit too many ini's!

Back