HomeSeer Partners with IFTTT

macromark

Our IFTTT channel went live today. Information is here: http://www.homeseer.com/ifttt.html

For those unfamiliar with IFTTT, it's a very cool web-based service that links other web-based services, apps and products together. With an IFTTT account, you create "recipes" that work with triggers and actions from different channel partners. At present, there are just over 170 Channel partners, including a mixture of social media, product and app-based companies.

Thank-you Mark.

I noticed that the interest of support of IFTTT was / is at around 6176 hits after topic OP on Wednesday April 8, 2015.

Colegrove explains:
Let’s say you want to use IFTTT to control a Philips Hue bulb (or Wemo lamp module, Nest thermostat, etc.), but you want the trigger to be 30 minutes before sunset on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays if the house is occupied.
In HomeSeer, you simply create a virtual device that represents that trigger, and then you create a HomeSeer event that turns that virtual device on 30 minutes before sunset on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays if the house is occupied.

Now, all you need to do is add that virtual device as a trigger for your IFTTT recipe.

As another example, let’s say you want to turn on the TV, dim the room lights and have the HomeSeer system announce, “The Patriots are now playing” when the game commences.

For this, you would use the ESPN IFTTT channel’s “New Game Start” trigger and set the action to run the advanced HomeSeer event.

Finally, here’s an interesting application using Smappee, a device that snaps onto the power mains and, using intelligent cloud-based algorithms, determines which major appliances and CE devices are in the home, and when they are used. While the product and app are ostensibly for monitoring and controlling energy consumption in the home, the information conveyed by the service can be used to trigger events via IFTTT.

Using HomeSeer, you could create recipes that trigger when specific appliances turn on and off, and then run HomeSeer events to alert you when the washer or dryer are done … or the microwave shuts off … or the water pump has been running too long….

Curiousity question:  Who is Colegrove?  The name sounds familiar to me; just can't place it right now.

Yeah  I see it above this now.... good article Mark and thank you Julie Jacobson of CEPRO. 

Is Julie a member of Cocoontech? 

I've never seen her posting anything here; I know she reads the forum posts here ...

pete_c said:
 Colegrove explains:

Curiousity question:  Who is Colegrove?  The name sounds familiar to me; just can't place it right now.

Yeah  I see it above this now.... good article Mark and thank you Julie Jacobson of CEPRO. 

Is Julie a member of Cocoontech? 

I've never seen her posting anything here; I know she reads the forum posts here ...
Julie responds to comments posted on articles. I don't know if she frequents any message boards, tho..

Back