Help, Wserver stopped working

EL34

I have an email into Arne at Wserver, but it takes him a week to get back to you.

Wserver has been working fine for over a year, no problems.

Today I Installed the one wire SDK 4.0 for windows on this page
http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/ibutton/s...owsdk/index.cfm

Then Wserver quit so I figured it messed up the one wire drivers.
I went looking for the drivers and then installed the 4.01 windows drivers on this page
http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/ibutton/s.../tmex/index.cfm

I can view my 9097U hub on com1 on the one wire viewer, no problem.

Wserver starts up and then closes down immediately.
The wserver.ini files are fine, it has to be a driver issue?

I uninstalled the SDK and the drivers and wserver and then started from scratch.
installed the 4.01 one wire drivers and then wserver.

no go, wserver starts and then shuts down but I can see my one wire hub on the one wire viewer.

What the heck just happened???

Help!!!!!!!! LOL

Installing the one wire SDK must have screwed something up.
Anyone have any ideas why current one wire windows drivers or the SDK would screw things up all of a sudden?

I figured out the new one wire viewer and can see all my devices, so the one wire newtwork on com 1 is working.

I'm scratching my head, can't figure out wht Wserver can't read the network?

I ran into this about 6 months ago. It is a DLL and Driver issue. Wserver does not seem to work with the latest 1-wire drivers. I remember it was a real pain to remove all the new DLL's and driver to get WServer back working. I will try and find my notes on what I had to do. I do remember all the DLL's start with IB*.dll. Let me find my notes.

Also are you using USB or serial 1-Wire adapter? I only had the problem with the USB adapter.

Installing the one wire SDK must have screwed something up.
Anyone have any ideas why current one wire windows drivers or the SDK would screw things up all of a sudden?

I figured out the new one wire viewer and can see all my devices, so the one wire newtwork on com 1 is working.

I'm scratching my head, can't figure out wht Wserver can't read the network?

Hey JB, thanks for the info.
I'm using a serial port.

Were the dll's and drivers all in the windows/system32 folder?

Did you save a copy of the driver install that works with Wserver?
I can't remember what driver package I originally used.

I thought I had the 4.00 drivers installed
I see there is a 4.01 now.

I have a look around and see what I can figure out.

Ahhhhha, that was it!
windows/system32 folder

All the dll's that started with IB. Note, the dll's all started with a capital "I"
I moved the IB.dll's to a backup folder after unistalling all driver packages, the SDK and Wserver

I installed the one wire driver4.00 package, not the 4.01 package
Then I installed Wserver
Wserver started right up

Note that I went back to look at the dll's again and this time they are all lower case ib.dll's
There are 6 of the IB dll's in the Windows/system32 folder

Thanks again JB, that was a great tip!

Glad I could help.

Besides the DLL's which you already have fixed, if you are using the USB adaptor you have to watch the USB driver that is installed. I found that WServer only works with the DS2490.sys driver from Dallas Semi and not with the new WINUSB.sys from Microsoft.

Ahhhhha, that was it!
windows/system32 folder

All the dll's that started with IB. Note, the dll's all started with a capital "I"
I moved the IB.dll's to a backup folder after unistalling all driver packages, the SDK and Wserver

I installed the one wire driver4.00 package, not the 4.01 package
Then I installed Wserver
Wserver started right up

Note that I went back to look at the dll's again and this time they are all lower case ib.dll's
There are 6 of the IB dll's in the Windows/system32 folder

Thanks again JB, that was a great tip!

Actually, I would like to do that to free up my serial port.
I have the HB 6 channel master hub plugged into com1 serial right now.
Can you just use one of those serial to usb dongle adapters and change the port in the driver?

Arne sent me a brand new version of Wserver to test that uses the new 4.01 drivers.

I'll mess with it later and let you know how it goes.

I would love to help test it if you think Arne would not mind.

I am using an Edgeport 8 port USB to serial converter with my HB master hub. If I remember correctly the only problem I ran into was that I needed to change the default Sample interval to the max, 10,000 milliseconds.

Arne sent me a brand new version of Wserver to test that uses the new 4.01 drivers.

Just uninstalled one wire 4.00 drivers
installed 4.01 drivers
put the new Wserver.exe file Arne sent me into the Wserver folder

all is working great so far

jb email me

I would love to help test it if you think Arne would not mind.

I am using an Edgeport 8 port USB to serial converter with my HB master hub. If I remember correctly the only problem I ran into was that I needed to change the default Sample interval to the max, 10,000 milliseconds.

Back