Help with VisiaRF installer tool?

picta

Hi, I just got a Leviton Visia RF+ installer USB stick and the software, which was required for enrolling my z-wave lock with HAI OP. I also have a few other z-wave switches that are currently controlled by Aeon Labs z-wave stick. When I try to add a device in the Visia installer tool I get "Device did not communicate properly, move closer or reset the device" error message on every device that I have even though the USB stick is less than a foot away from the device being enrolled. I have no problem communicating with the same devices from the Aeon z-stick. Did I get a defective Visia tool or am I doing something wrong? I have assumed that the Leviton toll will be compatible with all standard z-wave device features but is it true? Thanks for any suggestions.

I had to remove my devices from my aeon labs network before they could be enrolled in my new vizia rf network.

Interesting, I'll try that. Does it mean you can only have one controller for z-wave network? Or can devices be shared between 2 controllers? Thanks

You can have multiple controllers but only one primary. I don't think the leviton software / USB stick will act as a secondary controller.

Back