HAI Wireless Motion as ocupancy sensor

lubeto1977

Hello,

I would like to setup the HAI wireless motion detector as occupancy sensor.
Can somebody give me a advice hor to do it.
With a normal motion I can set a flag that will turn on for some time when the zone is not ready. With the wireless one that can not be implemented becouse of the (quote form HAI manual):
After the PIR trips (because it senses motion), it will not trip again until 2-3 minutes after the last time is senses motion. For example, if you walk into a room and the PIR trips and you are in the room for the next 30 minutes walking around, it will not trip again while you are in the room. If you leave the room and return 5 minutes later, the motion will trip. So to reiterate, after it trips, it won’t trip again until there has been no motion for 2-3 minutes. There is no way to adjust the delay time or operation.

Any help would be greatlly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lubo

Hello,

I would like to setup the HAI wireless motion detector as occupancy sensor.
Can somebody give me a advice hor to do it.
With a normal motion I can set a flag that will turn on for some time when the zone is not ready. With the wireless one that can not be implemented becouse of the (quote form HAI manual):
After the PIR trips (because it senses motion), it will not trip again until 2-3 minutes after the last time is senses motion. For example, if you walk into a room and the PIR trips and you are in the room for the next 30 minutes walking around, it will not trip again while you are in the room. If you leave the room and return 5 minutes later, the motion will trip. So to reiterate, after it trips, it won’t trip again until there has been no motion for 2-3 minutes. There is no way to adjust the delay time or operation.

Any help would be greatlly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lubo

I think you are not interpreting this properly. The motion sensor if tripped will not send any signal again for 2-3 minutes from the time it last sense motion. (Not until motion is no longer detected) So as long as you are in the room and move around it will tripp every 2-3 minutes.

I do not have a lot of experiance with all this As I';m also just starting but I believe this is the way it works.

Back