Grid Tied Solar with Battery Backup

politics123

Our state is about to offer incentives to install Solar PV, and all things considered, it looks like a pretty good deal. We can get a 5.6kw system for $15,260 net of rebates (37,800 out of pocket and $22,500 in rebates), and I even found a place offering Sunwize 180watt panels for $2.50/watt.

So a few questions:

1) What's the gold standard for monitoring? I understand that to sell SRECs in the future (solar renewable energy credits), I should get a revenue-grade meter. Anyone have a recommendation?

2) Does anyone think that the SREC markets are going to last? The installer quotes $340/megawatt in SREC value each year, which is much more than the value of the energy produced

Thanks!
Michael

Maybe I have this wrong but when you take a rebate (from the power company) aren't you selling the rights to your SREC's for a specific period?

Maybe I have this wrong but when you take a rebate (from the power company) aren't you selling the rights to your SREC's for a specific period?

Depends on the contract you sign. What's typical here in the DC-Metro area is an annual contract... you sell the SRECs you produced last year to a utility that requires them

Back