Getting a true 240 FPS from your eBay card

If you use the right codec and software with your ebay 8-port capture card, you can easily get a true 240 frames per second without taxing your processor.

Using the software and drivers that came with my card (Kodicom Diginet Site 4.11), I am able to view AND record all 5 of my cameras at 30 frames per second at 640x480 resolution and my AMD Athlon 3000+ barely hits 5% CPU utilization.

Software includes a Site (server) component, PC client and PDA client.

After experiencing what a true Surveillance DVR should be like, I fail to understand why so many here recommend Active WebCam. On the CCTV forums, Active WebCam is not highly regarded at all.

Any comments?

(see thispost for additional info)
[topic="0"]I try to conect from my LapTop to my Camera PC where I have installed DigiNet Center and DigiNet Site. Some hove I did wrong configurations so I can't connect to my site. Would you help me to set it correctly on both computers?
Many thanks.
Boris [/topic]

I purchased two of these 8ch cards on ebay and then bought the diginet 5.1 software from dvr-usa.com.

The system I tried it with had an Intel 3000 server chipset and a On-board XGI Z7 16MB graphics chip.

Diginet gave an error about lack of video memory, so I purchased an Nvidia FX5200 128mb PCI card. I purchased a PCI card since the board has no AGP slot and only a 8x PCIe slot.

The video memory error has gone, but now although I see camera pictures in the motion sensor setup, I can't see any video in the main display.

Having read this thread, I see that I need an ATI card. The best PCI cards I find are the Radeon 9250 or 9600SE. Howver the more I read, I'm concerned that either of these won't be sufficient watching 16x video streams at once?

I can change the motherboard to a Intel D955XBK and then get any ATI PCIe card. What are the best ATI PCIe cards that people have had working with diginet?

Anyone know where diginet 4.13 is available from? I need to play with PTZ - 4.11 is ok for the rest of my setup, now I have a RS485 bit of kit to play with I need to control it remotely.

Anyone know where diginet 4.13 is available from? I need to play with PTZ - 4.11 is ok for the rest of my setup, now I have a RS485 bit of kit to play with I need to control it remotely.

i tried this on 3 diff motherboard and it does not work with any of these, could you give me a model number or place where i can get a mother board which will work with this

Can anyone tell me, if video is in their engine-k format, what exactly is this? Is it possible to convert to avi or mpg?

Back