Forum Upgrade

electron

Administrator
Staff member
As you can tell, the forums looks a little different. I have upgraded the software which powers the forums, giving us many new features. I will try to put the new features in a post later this weekend, but feel free to explore, and if you find any major issues, please do let me know.

Thanks Dan!

First observations -

I think the preview feature might get some use.

The link to "Mark Forums Read" appears to be missing.

After a post has been read, it is completely removed from my "View New Content" view. Previously it would remain, yet have a different link style - showing it had been read; disappearing only when the mark forums read link got clicked.

I noticed that as well. There is a 'Mark as read' link at the bottom of the page (to the left side), but there are definitely some differences I have to figure out now.

Well, the good news is that I can reply now from the iPad without crashing Safari! But I'm not able to connect via Tapatalk. It keeps giving me an error on login. I tried deleting the account and I can browse without logging in, but just can't log in. Will try from another device later.

I like the new look and front page features. I like the selections for unread posts..

Small issue:
I just tried to add a quote to a post by using the "Quote" button in the tool bar and all it did was delete the text in my post I had highlighted.

I had typed something, then highlighted it and clicked quote. In the past this would place the tags around my highlighted text. Now it deletes it. I don't see the quote tags either. I ended up manually typing in the tags and that worked.

The icon for the quote button in the editor I'm using right now isn't there. But if I hover over the spot the tool tip displays "quote".

If an icon is missing, you might be dealing with a caching issue. I'll take a look at the Quote button. I just used it last night, and seemed to work ok, but didn't try the highlighting way.

It looks like the upgrade also screwed up some avatars for some people (the software merged the avatar & photo feature, since they were just confusing), and I also recommend you check your notification options, as there are more options now.

If an icon is missing, you might be dealing with a caching issue. I'll take a look at the Quote button. I just used it last night, and seemed to work ok, but didn't try the highlighting way.

It looks like the upgrade also screwed up some avatars for some people (the software merged the avatar & photo feature, since they were just confusing), and I also recommend you check your notification options, as there are more options now.

so it doesn't appear that my animated avatar works any longer. I noticed that some do. Mine was gone, and I've re-added - but it doesn't animate any longer. What's up?

The only thing I can think of is that the avatar was resized, and any animations were lost during this process. Try uploading one which matches the default avatar dimensions (100x100 I think?).

Back