Elk Products Names Joel Rosson President, CEO

Neurorad

Uh, what happened?

Press Release in its entirety, from CEPro:

Press Release: Elk Products Names Joel Rosson President, CEO
Rosson holds 19 US patents and was twice named Corning Innovator of the Year.

11.11.2009 — HILDEBRAN, N.C. — Elk Products announces the appointment of Joel Rosson as its new President and CEO.

Prior to joining Elk, Rosson was a key contributor in product development, engineering and operations for Corning Cable Systems, LLC, earning numerous awards for innovation and operations excellence.

He holds 19 US Patents and was twice named Corning Innovator of the Year for contributing significant revenue generating intellectual property.

Rosson has a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters degree in Engineering from Virginia Tech.

Rosson will serve an instrumental role to develop Elk's value through product innovation.

David, you OK?

I notice a month or so back Spanky dropped the Herd Leader from his signature, didn't want say anything at the time.

I too hope David is OK!

Regards,

Fleetz

He has told me that he is back to engineering, and is fine. In hindsight, I should have posted the announcement when I received it a few days ago, but I have been too busy at work :rockon:

I hope Spanky will continue to participate here.

Though Rosson's credentials are important, their emphasis in the announcement is disconcerting. How much of Elk's leadership has solid management experience? Does Elk really benefit from having an engineer in charge?

Uh, what happened?

Press Release in its entirety, from CEPro:

Press Release: Elk Products Names Joel Rosson President, CEO
Rosson holds 19 US patents and was twice named Corning Innovator of the Year.

11.11.2009 — HILDEBRAN, N.C. — Elk Products announces the appointment of Joel Rosson as its new President and CEO.

Prior to joining Elk, Rosson was a key contributor in product development, engineering and operations for Corning Cable Systems, LLC, earning numerous awards for innovation and operations excellence.

He holds 19 US Patents and was twice named Corning Innovator of the Year for contributing significant revenue generating intellectual property.

Rosson has a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters degree in Engineering from Virginia Tech.

Rosson will serve an instrumental role to develop Elk's value through product innovation.

David, you OK?

No fear with this guy! Worked with him for over 15 years.

Rosson's engineering credentials are more than stellar, and speak for themselves! but his management and business skills are incredible.
The blip of announcement fails to talk about the years he spent managing multi-million dollar profitable projects.
Rosson is also a licensed housing contractor.

Hang on, I have watched him operate and put our team over the top.

Elk wins with this appointment and will get solid management making decisions based on fact and business opportunity.

I am overjoyed with the appointment of Joel Rosson to the president's seat at ELK. Joel is a great guy with lots of experience. I always hoped the presidents seat was short term for me because it is not what I really wanted to do in life. I am now back in the engineering group where I love it and can help make a real difference in product development.

I guided Elk through the landmines of the economic collapse during the dark days of early 2009. We came out of that time with a leaner, meaner, more profitable organization. Many people had to wear many hats, but now those people have a better understanding of the company and industry. Several projects got pushed back, but now they are coming forward.

Because of you and other industry supporters, Elk is moving forward with a list of new products. As you may be away of, numerous companies in the security and automation industry did not survive the economic downturn of 2009. My hopes and prayers are with those employees as they move on with their lives.

David Steele B)
Chief Engineer

Hi all,

I had the pleasure of meeting Joel this morning.. He is a nice guy and is willing to listen to feedback..

I'm looking forward to further meetings with him in the next few days..

DJB

Sydney, Australia

Trade show? Is he out 'gladhanding the high rollers'?

Are you with Ness, the Aussie Elk distributor, DJB?

Neurorad,

Sorry for the long delay, I don't get much time to check out this forum..

Yes, I do work for Ness.. I really like the M1 system and it's ability to integrate with other systems..

Great product.. With some new ones coming!!

DJB

Back