Elk M1XZW - is there really no polling?

I don't have the fancy 2way active notification switches, just the regular Intermatic HomeSettings ones, and CQC currently handles that via polling.
The HA14C, HA18C and HA20C's support instant status and associations after they were re-introduced last Spring

yeah, but i got a crap-ton of HA06 and appliance/lamp modules purchased already that work, if I were to rip them out i'd switch over to RadioRA rather than any more zWave.

so, actually, with the RZCOP, does the Elk poll to get light status if I manually turn the lights on/off? I don't have the fancy 2way active notification switches, just the regular Intermatic HomeSettings ones, and CQC currently handles that via polling.

Yes, the M1 works well with the RZCOP. It does d polling as in "turn a light on via the switch and elk will update". I also use many PIR to turn on and off lights through CQC and the M1.

Problem is that you need to have the remote to set up first. Then there is a program from johnny9 to export the info to the M1.

George M

Just noticed the "you need to have the remote" portion. Does that mean the RZCPG $118 remote? I can't use my Intermatic HA07 master controller to replicate into this?

That I dont know. I started with the RXCOP and the Leviton remote. I think you have to have that remote to program the RZCOP.
Another thing is that I had a couple of Wayne-Dalton dimmers and I could not get them to work with the Leviton system.

George M

The HA07C controller is the really part of the first wave of the technology - according to Leviton "The Plug-in Serial Interface Module is compatible with any Z-Wave® enabled network, regardless of the manufacturer and can also be used with other devices displaying the Z-Wave® logo." Being that the HA07C Controller cannot do associations my guess is it will not work. I would interested in the results if someone has tried it or is going to try it. My guess is a hand-held remote like the ACT ZTH100, the Leviton remotes or the GE remotes would work fine.

Oy, this is getting to be a $300 experiment to see if the RZCOP in a central location works any better than the Intermatic USB stick in a side location. I dunno about this anymore.

Oy, this is getting to be a $300 experiment to see if the RZCOP in a central location works any better than the Intermatic USB stick in a side location. I dunno about this anymore.

I know what you mean. Really have to be committed to it to make it viable.

George M Do you know what mode settings you are using on the M1XSP serial interface for the RZCOP? Looking at the documentation for the M1XSP I don't see any clear instructions

I cant remember for sure. I will look today and report back.

GM

George M Do you know what mode settings you are using on the M1XSP serial interface for the RZCOP? Looking at the documentation for the M1XSP I don't see any clear instructions

Dogman,

Here are my settings.

S1 - 1
S2 - 0
S3 - 1
S5 - 1
S6 - 0
S7 - 0
S8 - 0

Jmp 1 Off
Jmp 3 Off

Dips
1 On
2 Off
3 Off
4 Off

George: I basically got it working but have a few issues. The elk will control the lights fine but when I interogate them at the keypads they rarely report the status accurately even if it was the ELK that initiated the command. I don't have CQC or RMS yet so I can't see the status any other way then just the keypads or of course looking at the light. Have you had this issue?

Dogman,

Not sure what you mean by "interigate them at the keypad". I monitor mine through the CQC driver for ELK. As I stated earlier, it may take anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds for ELK to see the changes done at the keypad, but eventually does.

Are you using ELKRP to see the status? That should also be able to tell you the same thing.

George m

George: I basically got it working but have a few issues. The elk will control the lights fine but when I interogate them at the keypads they rarely report the status accurately even if it was the ELK that initiated the command. I don't have CQC or RMS yet so I can't see the status any other way then just the keypads or of course looking at the light. Have you had this issue?

Dogman,

Not sure what you mean by "interigate them at the keypad". I monitor mine through the CQC driver for ELK. As I stated earlier, it may take anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds for ELK to see the changes done at the keypad, but eventually does.

Are you using ELKRP to see the status? That should also be able to tell you the same thing.

George m

I mean when I go to the Keypads and go to lighting and scroll through the lighting functions I can see all the nodes but their status is not correct. I can control the lights from the keypad ie turn them off or on or set a dimming level and they will respond. But the status of the lights don't seem to update when either a rule sets the lights or I manually change them locally. Even after many minutes. I only have about 14 nodes in the entire system. Occaisionally the status at the keypads will be correct but not very often. Oh and by the way when I use Luminlink it does pick up the status changes and shows them correctly.

Ok I am new to all of this including the ELK RP. I see no fields in the lighting tab that show the status of the device. The only fields availble in the lighting tab of my RP version 1.6.26 is Name, Format, Type, opt, show, and Voice description. I fully admit however I am a newbie and am stumbling through this stuff so maybe I am missing an option setting somewhere to see the status.

GeorgeM said:
IVB said:
cool. How's the latency, is that configurable? I.E., poll the light switches every <x> seconds to see if someone has manually changed them.
There is no set polling that I am aware of. I mean I did not set up a polling activity. The reaction is not instant. I think a lot of it depends on the network system. ELK (and CQC) will update status anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds. I would say that most are done within three seconds. I have been trying to get better response times from my IR's to lights coming on. Sometimes that may take a full second or so.

George M

What wall switches are you using? Are you using the Leviton ActiveNotification ones?

I have all Intermatic HA06 switches in-wall which don't have active notification. Hence i'm wondering whether i'd actually know if someone has manually changed them unless I use a system that supports polling.

Back