ElK M1 and new Beaming VRCOP-1W Version 3

HAVRGN

Does anybody know if ELK will be updating their M1 Platform to handle the new VRCOP-1W Version 3 that can do beaming for Z-Wave Locks any time soon?

Does anybody know if ELK will be updating their M1 Platform to handle the new VRCOP-1W Version 3 that can do beaming for Z-Wave Locks any time soon?

No reponses? Bummer : Spanky any insights here?

does this mean i cant use the beaming VRCOP with Elk until they have an update? or I can use it for control of lights, outlets, thermostats, etc, but not for zwave locks only?

Will work fine controlling locks? :unsure:

Here is the response I received today from ELK : Leviton ViziaRF Lighting has released a new VRCOP+ which is capable of sending a Secure Send Command to Zwave Door Locks.The M1XSP/Vizia firmware version 20.0.4 allows you to pass ASCII strings from the M1 to the VRC0P+. That allows you control the Z-Wave Lighting and also to send Custom ASCII strings to the Lock. At this time the M1XSP will not be able to handle the status feedback from the lock. You should be able to recreate the custom ASCII String to Lock and one for Unlock and use rules to send that string through the M1XSP.

So it appears it should work but will not get status updates if for instance you unlock or lock the door locally. I did ask if/when the M1XSP will be updated to be able to handle status and will post that when I get it.

Yes that is my impression. I did get a response back from Tech Support about my question of if/when the M1-XSP would support status updates but it was not very satisfying. They just said "The New ASCII Protocol from Leviton is fairly new and it is too early to speculate on if the M1 will be able to receive status feedback."

I think it will support status feedback in time. I have status feedback working for locks under Premise (which also supports the M1G) and it wasn't too hard to figure out.

i don't see why you can't query the status of the lock and just implement the query command after sending the control command. it's not automatic 2way but polling should work fine if you can query the status of the lock...

I don't use my Elk to do this sort of thing, but I know you can. However, I'd recommend waiting 10-15 seconds after a command is sent before querying. If you try to send a command before the previous security command is acknowledged and sent, you're command will likely be dropped. Since the command uses beaming, it takes longer for X000 to show versus non-secure z-wave commands. I think this is due to the encryption that's going on and the design of the VRC0Pv3.

If anyone wants the syntax to get lock status I posted it in this forum:
http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?showforum=51

i don't see why you can't query the status of the lock and just implement the query command after sending the control command. it's not automatic 2way but polling should work fine if you can query the status of the lock...

Back