Elk for use with (freshwater) aquariums

Quixote_1

Hi all,
I am currently setting up a very elaborate aquarium that uses the Elk for a number of functions including monitoring the temperature and controlling the heater accordingly, controlling multiple stages of lights on a schedule, controlling aeration, UV sterilization, and using LEDs to relay info about what is active in the tank. Eventually it will also include CO2 injection control, dosing of plant nutrients and auto-feeding.
I was considering setting up an auto tank top-up feature that would use a pump to draw water from a separate reservoir to fill the tank as water evaporates from it, but I am a little nervous about flooding the room. The method I considered was using multiple leak sensors with wired extensions that extend into the tank at different levels. Each one would be on a zone and the system would watch the levels and provide info remotely as well as start and stop the pump at predesignated levels.
Is this safe or am I asking for trouble by building this? I read somewhere that the Elk is rated for home health-care, so it must be extremely reliable.
Thanks.

Back