ds2423 counters

auto_man

Does anyone have a replacement for the ds2423? It is technically obsolete from Maxim. I am just starting on the design of my 1-wire network and I am wondering if it makes sense to use this part?

I have 2 problems:
1. I can't find it for purchase anyplace but hobby boards
2. It is not supported anymore by Maxim therefor not really good for future designs.

We do seem to be the only ones left with stock but we have plenty unless you are talking about a large production run.

Eric

I am using two different counters from Eric and one from AAG. A couple are are a few years old now and working great.

1 - Dual water meter connection
2 - Rain Guage - homebrew plus legacy AAG Dallas rain bucket

No this is for a hobby project, but was still concerned since it was a new design. Didnt know how many were actually left out there in the world. I would love for maxim to make a new version, it looks as if noone knows why they quit making it.

We do seem to be the only ones left with stock but we have plenty unless you are talking about a large production run.

Eric

I don't know why they quit making it without a replacement. I have asked but have gotten no good response.

I'm mot sure how many are left in the rest of the world but we are still getting stock until April when our last shipment will arrive.

Eric

Maxim says it's old manufacturing technology, and simply, it gets more expensive than they're willing to pay to have it built.
Pity though. The only viable alternative is using ADCs and PICs which drives the price for a similar counter way up ..

Side Note:

I recently found the Sentron CSA-1VG magnetic sensor ( http://www.gmw.com/magnetic_sensors/sentron/csa/CSA-1.html ) looking to piggyback the weak magnetic field of the 3/4" T-10 water meter unit manufactured by Neptune ( http://www.neptunetg.com/products/meters/t-10-1/ ).

Can anyone help me with its integration with a dual counter ?

RadPa,

Did you persue this project? I built the water meter circuit design by edcheung using a similar magnetic sensor; I have had mixed results so far, the circuit is generating pulses indicating flow event when there is none.

Mark

Back