delayed violation of zone

mustangcoupe

So this has happened a few times recently, and I am not sure what is the route cause. Our kitchen door is out main entry exit to the house so this is set up as a entry exit 1 door.

Also in the kitchen I have a motion sensor which happens to point towards the door. My wife left something inside yesterday so she waited for the countdown to expire and fast beeps stop. then she entered the house. With the misfortune of immediately setting off the alarm. (WAF -10) Looking back in the logs it detected motion in the kitchen before the door and starting the entry delay countdown.

Which leads me to beleive after the count down there may be a delay before the system is fully reset and in armed mode. can some one else confirm this and or help me discover my setting problem?

Thanks

The Exit 2 time could have been running. The beeps do not beep on the Exit 2 time, but the system is not fully armed until exit 2 time expires.

Check to see if Exit 1 and Exit 2 are set for the same time. If not using Exit 2, set it the same as Exit 1.

all zones are hardwired. the motion is configured for type 5 interior follower, force arm-able.

I found with my motions that they hold the alarm signal for close to 10 seconds. Additionally the way I have my garage setup, my exit 1 delay is only 10 seconds, and if I don't have the motion bypassed using an output to provide additional time, it will alarm when the counter for exit 1 reaches zero as the contacts are still held. I think Spanky may be on to something. It looks to me as though the followers "follow" only on exit / entry delay 1, so if she entered while exit / entry 2 is still active, the motion would cause an alarm on detection.
The rules I created for my exit are below, and the counter coincides with exit delay 2. My entry delay for the motion follower is where it was, so no need for me to write a rule for entry, or re-entry, but if you need your current settings for entry / exit 2, maybe something like this would work for your motion?
WHENEVER exit delay starts
THEN TURN on output xxx for (equal to exit delay including delay 2)
THEN BYPASS Motion
etc

Bypass living room motion. (Added to keep living room motion from causing alarm on shortened exit delay)
18 WHENEVER Home (Area 1) IS ARMED AWAY
THEN TURN Output 207 ON FOR 50 SECS
THEN BYPASS Living Motion (Zn 14)

Restore Living room motion. (Added to keep living room motion from causing alarm on shortened exit delay.)
19 WHENEVER Output 207 STATE IS TURNED OFF
THEN UNBYPASS Living Motion (Zn 14)

well exit 1 and 2 are both set to the same thing, and with force arm I thought if it was set off before the exit delay ended it would not arm that zone until it was secure again. so in my example as we leave and trigger the motion then it goes in to force arm mode, until the zone is secure even if the delay time expired while it is still violated, and then sets it self once it is secure.

well exit 1 and 2 are both set to the same thing, and with force arm I thought if it was set off before the exit delay ended it would not arm that zone until it was secure again. so in my example as we leave and trigger the motion then it goes in to force arm mode, until the zone is secure even if the delay time expired while it is still violated, and then sets it self once it is secure.

Hey Mustang, first let me apologize, I thought I had something useful to add but after reading my own response here today, not only is it incoherent but inaccurate as well.
I have been on a two week rampage of new lighting control and thermostat installation, and I’m out to Rev. 5 on several rule rewrites. (I do a report after major changes so I can back up if need be. Not unlike I need to on this post) So frankly the brain is not functioning too clearly, and maybe I need ta get a life…lol
Hell I completely screwed the WAF last night as I was coming home from the annual late Christmas shopping trip with my best friend and trying to show off the new lighting / KEYFOB operation. After SEVERAL presses of the lighting button with no response from the system, I figured out I should probably stop pressing the panic button. (Text message hints) Upon entry into the house I found the Mrs. huddled with children in the master bedroom, using some rather profane language if I do say so myself, and muttering something about “good thing I DON’T know how to shoot the .45 ya jackass.
So anyway, I have made so many changes to my entry / exit setup, that I am not sure:
1) That a follower only works on delay 1 timing.
2) I was always under the impression that delay 2 was appended to delay 1, not concurrent. But after re-reading this and placing a stopwatch in hand while camped at the door, I now know that is incorrect as well.

Edited as I just keep sticking my foot in deeper and it's getting harder to pry out...

So this has happened a few times recently, and I am not sure what is the route cause. Our kitchen door is out main entry exit to the house so this is set up as a entry exit 1 door.

Also in the kitchen I have a motion sensor which happens to point towards the door. My wife left something inside yesterday so she waited for the countdown to expire and fast beeps stop. then she entered the house. With the misfortune of immediately setting off the alarm. (WAF -10) Looking back in the logs it detected motion in the kitchen before the door and starting the entry delay countdown.

Which leads me to beleive after the count down there may be a delay before the system is fully reset and in armed mode. can some one else confirm this and or help me discover my setting problem?

Thanks

Did you ever get anywhere with this problem?

Back