Camera Capture Card

mustangcoupe

So I have been slow about getting the cameras up and working, I did buy a capture card which I can not get to install on my computer properly (it is a 4 channel 1 chip cheapo card) but last night we forgot to lock my wife's Jeep, and someone decided to rifle through it... I believe it was kids because they didn't take anything, just emptied out the center console onto the passengers seat. I was pleasantly surprised because the Garmin GPS, Advent were both in there and there was a few bucks in cash in the ashtray... They also left the CD's in teh holder hanging from the drivers visor (guess they dont like her music :huh: ) But now she asked me why I dont have the cameras up like I was going to do earlier in the summer... doh, guess I need to get my act in gear.

So the questions here are what capture card do you use? Do you tee off the connection to modulate it into the TV signal(How is this done with digital cable??? still just use an analog modulator )

That almost sounds like they were looking for something really specific. I can't imagine kids would break in, willing to risk jail time, for nothing. Do you have a garage door opener in the car? Did you verify it is missing (or if it was used, check your M1 logs)?

For modulation, I use SageTV (CCTV is hooked up to a spare input).

no garage door opener, havent checked the garage yet as that was unlocked too, but not much in there but alot of junk, and the motorcycle. but the garage is detached from the house. My guess is they were interrupted. The only thing in that compartment was tissues a baby bottle, bib and other crap... not sure about any other CD's there may have been a few in there. We dont keep an extra key outside so if that was what they were looking for it was their loss....

I use a cheapo 8 chip / 8 port Ebay special capture card plugged into a dedicated video server (Zoneminder). I can tap off and send the video to an analogue modulator (or switcher). If you already have a dedicated PC and the card you can try to install Zoneminder via an ISO live version to see if it will see your video card. If you like what you see then you can install it.

Back