Any info on TS07?

icellama21

I noticed that ELK is discounting the existing TS07, definitely makes it more attractive. Does anyone know the specs/features of the new touchscreen? I know ELK has not formally released it yet, but it has been to industry shows and I don't think everyone that saw it is under NDA. Is it an incremental update, or are the features worth waiting for(even considering the current discount?)

I noticed that ELK is discounting the existing TS07, definitely makes it more attractive. Does anyone know the specs/features of the new touchscreen? I know ELK has not formally released it yet, but it has been to industry shows and I don't think everyone that saw it is under NDA. Is it an incremental update, or are the features worth waiting for(even considering the current discount?)

Where do you see that ELK is discounting the TS07? I have not gotten anything from them that it is discounted. How much is it discounted?

I signed up for the mailing list here:

http://www.elkproducts.com/monthly_specials.htm

And just got the April version via email. The online link is still to their march version. Try calling your distributor to see if they know anything about it. The email does not have any confidentiality clauses or restrictions so I am assuming it is OK to share until I hear otherwise. Sorry for the small size, needed to fit it into 100k.

Elk_April_Specials.jpg
Elk_April_Special_2.jpg

I signed up for the mailing list here:

http://www.elkproducts.com/monthly_specials.htm

And just got the April version via email. The online link is still to their march version. Try calling your distributor to see if they know anything about it. The email does not have any confidentiality clauses or restrictions so I am assuming it is OK to share until I hear otherwise. Sorry for the small size, needed to fit it into 100k.

View attachment 2313
View attachment 2314

I did not realize that ELK was giving that out to anyone but dealers and installers. If a dealer or installer has this in stock they could lose a lot on the deal. Although I guess they could replace current stock with the sale priced.

I did not realize that ELK was giving that out to anyone but dealers and installers. If a dealer or installer has this in stock they could lose a lot on the deal. Although I guess they could replace current stock with the sale priced.

Isn't the whole idea of the ecosystem manufacturer-->distributor-->dealer-->consumer? If ELK is cutting the price by $125, that should trickle through. Someone is going to get some extra money here, either the smart consumer buying for less(or demanding less if they know about the sale), or the dealer making more profit.

Very few products are direct from the manufacturer to the consumer. It is considered a sale when a manufacturer cuts the price, honest dealers will use it to generate more sales. A price reduction/sale means the goods are cheaper, and they are. Whether dealers will reduce their consumer prices is yet to be seen. At the very least you should be able to get it from your distributor at a reduced price.

Isn't the whole idea of the ecosystem manufacturer-->distributor-->dealer-->consumer? If ELK is cutting the price by $125, that should trickle through. Someone is going to get some extra money here, either the smart consumer buying for less(or demanding less if they know about the sale), or the dealer making more profit.

Very few products are direct from the manufacturer to the consumer. It is considered a sale when a manufacturer cuts the price, honest dealers will use it to generate more sales. A price reduction/sale means the goods are cheaper, and they are. Whether dealers will reduce their consumer prices is yet to be seen. At the very least you should be able to get it from your distributor at a reduced price.

This is not a price cut but a one month sale price to installers and dealers. I think very few dealers or installers will be buying 10 or so of these so they can lower their price the rest of the year. The most I might stock from this sale is 2 since they tie up capital. So anyone buying them this month and then the next two customers after that will get the sale price from me. The problem will be in a few months when someone wants a price match from when their buddy bought it when dealers can no longer get the sale price. They will think the dealers are ripping them off.

If a manufacturer cuts the price then you will see more of a noticeable trickle. None of the distributors I use has notified me of this sale (I have 4 distributors for ELK). Also ELK does not waive the MAP pricing when they have a sale (as far as I know).

This is not a price cut but a one month sale price to installers and dealers. I think very few dealers or installers will be buying 10 or so of these so they can lower their price the rest of the year. The most I might stock from this sale is 2 since they are so expensive. So anyone buying them this month and then the next two customers after that will get the sale price from me. The problem will be in a few months when someone wants a price match when dealers can no longer get the sale price.

If a manufacturer cuts the price then you will see more of a noticeable trickle. None of the distributors I use has notified me of this sale (I have 4 distributors for ELK).

I do like how cocoontech supports manufacturers, dealers and end users. But this thread was really to tell everyone(dealers included) about the sale and to talk about the upcoming replacement(which may be priced higher). Sometimes it is a good deal to buy last-year's model at a discount, sometimes it is a good idea to wait until the new product arrives.

The issue of dealer's internal business practices is relevant, but not the issue I was interested in. Anyhow, hopefully in a few months we will be selling the NEW touchscreen, so this won't be an issue. Dealing with old stock is something all dealers have to deal with, common to most industries, you need to build that into your business plan. I personally don't stock anything, takes more time to call around when I need something, but my business model is services, not hardware.

I thought the sale would be of interest to people here since cocoontech is heavily loyal to ELK products.

Very little has been leaked about the TS071. I did hear that it could cost slightly less than the TS07 and is very similar from a features perspective. From the picture, the TS071 appears to have a slightly thicker border but sits more flush with the wall.

I’m a bit disappointed Elk didn’t introduce a portable solution or additional 3rd party touch screen support. I know some would say eKeypad is their portable solution but I would like to see a portable 7†or 10†touch screen and Pronto TSU9600/9800 support.

I'm hoping the best feature of the TS071 will be the software that comes with it, i.e. the release will coincide with a new software release. Which will be available for the TS07 also.

Just a hunch.

It's just a generic touchscreen.

But the TS08...that will have a motion camera, IR, mic, iPod dock, retinal scan...and 1080p. :mellow:

I just called to confirm that the TS07 sale was legit. Anyone else have luck with this? Still doesn't answer the question about the new model or its price point. Prob best to wait, but who knows. I agree that the "installer/dealer" sale is not likely to trickle down to the consumer, but if it helps clear ELK's old stock, then why not.

Back