Any ELK installers out there?

icellama21

I'm looking for some advice on how you market this platform to customers. I mainly work with engineers and other well-researched people that need install/config/tutorial work only and am wondering what your marketing approach is. Cost usually isn't terribly important as the installs require much more than just the panel. Feel free to PM/IM/MESSAGE me if you don't want to offer anything on the public forum. Thanks!

Not a single one? Has anyone tried putting the m1 into a suitcase with some contacts, switches, touchscreen and iphone?

Not a single one? Has anyone tried putting the m1 into a suitcase with some contacts, switches, touchscreen and iphone?

Are you asking this question from a demonstration point of view? I know that HAI sells their systems in a suitcase design for the traveling sales person. It would be nice if Elk offered a similar solution. It’s not always convenient to bring the customer back to the office for a demonstration.

Are you asking this question from a demonstration point of view? I know that HAI sells their systems in a suitcase design for the traveling sales person. It would be nice if Elk offered a similar solution. It’s not always convenient to bring the customer back to the office for a demonstration.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Because I'm more familiar with the ELK it would be nice to have a way to demo it. The few people I've talked to about an install have not heard of ELK, usually they had bids for creston or AMX but wanted to be able to tinker with it themselves(i.e. above average computer literacy). I could make one, but it is a good day of work and would probably be cheaper to buy one as it doesn't really need full functionality. I get the feeling that ELK is missing a lot by not selling a demo kit.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Because I'm more familiar with the ELK it would be nice to have a way to demo it. The few people I've talked to about an install have not heard of ELK, usually they had bids for creston or AMX but wanted to be able to tinker with it themselves(i.e. above average computer literacy). I could make one, but it is a good day of work and would probably be cheaper to buy one as it doesn't really need full functionality. I get the feeling that ELK is missing a lot by not selling a demo kit.

Yep, I was just thinking about this last month.

18A00-13.gif

Maybe Spanky can make it happen.

ELK makes a demo system that fits in a plastic suitcase. If you were at the show you may have noticed the wood frame demo. That goes into the plastic suitcase. We make them for our sales reps. It has an M1, touchscreen, keypad, prox reader, wireless router, M1XEP, battery, transformer, wood frame, plastic suitcase. Custom made to order.

Hmm, what I was more interested in is the home market. Environmental, lighting and audio control. The oohs and awws come from changing the temp on the touchscreen and then seeing the temp on the thermostat change too ... Silly, but it seems quite powerful ;)

Hmm, what I was more interested in is the home market. Environmental, lighting and audio control. The oohs and awws come from changing the temp on the touchscreen and then seeing the temp on the thermostat change too ... Silly, but it seems quite powerful :eek:

Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest impact. Since Spanky indicated they are 'custom made to order' I suspect you can customize it. I think I'll be giving the fine folks at Elk a call. ;)

Back