announcement issue(s)

signal15

I have two issues that ANNOY the heck out of me:

1. I have a rule that says when my area 1 is disarmed, to also disarm area 2. I only get an announcement that area 2 is disarmed, even though both disarm. Is there a way to make it queue these messages and play both of them?

2. When I disarm my area 1, I get a message that says the nursery door is open. I have a rule that says if the nursery door goes not secure, then to alert me (great for telling when the kid gets up in the middle of the night). I don't need to know that it's open when I disarm.

Issue #1 concerns me, because if I have two potential announcements that happen to go through at the same time, it might not announce one of them. I want to hear everything.

I have the same issue with the exact same setup for #1. I have tried all sorts of things, and cant get it to work. Im sure we are just missing something!

Possibly related, I have a motion detector zone that sometimes announces violated after disarming. Ver 5.2.2.

1. I have a rule that says when my area 1 is disarmed, to also disarm area 2. I only get an announcement that area 2 is disarmed, even though both disarm. Is there a way to make it queue these messages and play both of them?

Maybe you could use an output to place a slight delay prior to area 2 disarm?
Something along the lines of:
When area 1 is disarmed
then turn on output 100 for 3 seconds
When output 100 turns off
disarm area 2

Just a thought that came to mind when I read this. I use outputs to create sequential delays for many things....

Maybe you could use an output to place a slight delay prior to area 2 disarm?
Something along the lines of:
When area 1 is disarmed
then turn on output 100 for 3 seconds
When output 100 turns off
disarm area 2

Just a thought that came to mind when I read this. I use outputs to create sequential delays for many things....

It would be nice if the system had a built in announcement queue. Obviously you wouldn't want it too big, but the ability to queue 4 announcements (or have it configurable) would be quite useful.

Also queued keypad messages would be nice too. I had to create the following rules to display temperatures on my keypads. Providing a scrolling message or queuing mechanism instead of using staggered ElkRP virtual outputs would be very helpful. This rule group below does not produce an aesthetic display because it competes with the time display.

Code:
WHENEVER EVERY 15 SECONDS
            THEN DISPLAY "Attic % TEMP ZN11 %" IN Home (Area 1) INDEFINITELY, [*] CLEARS
            THEN TURN V_OutsideTmpDsp (Out 20) ON FOR 3 SECS
WHENEVER  V_OutsideTmpDsp (Out 20) STATE IS TURNED OFF
            THEN DISPLAY "Outside % TEMP ZN10 %" IN Home (Area 1) INDEFINITELY, [*] CLEARS
            THEN TURN V_AtticTmpDsp (Out 21) ON FOR 3 SECS
WHENEVER  V_AtticTmpDsp (Out 21) STATE IS TURNED OFF
            THEN DISPLAY "Dowstairs % TEMP KP1 %" IN Home (Area 1) INDEFINITELY, [*]

Back