22/4 or 18/4 sources?

lewisjd

I originally had planned on using 23awg cat5e for my sensor wiring, but am concerned about running out! so, where would be a good place to source some 22 or 18/4 cable? im searching the interwebs and found some good deals but was curious if anyone had any good suggestions?

I originally had planned on using 23awg cat5e for my sensor wiring, but am concerned about running out! so, where would be a good place to source some 22 or 18/4 cable? im searching the interwebs and found some good deals but was curious if anyone had any good suggestions?

just an update, found a good deal for 1000' belden 1242a (22/4 solid) for $50 on ebay. snagged that one up.

I bought mine all off eBay -- 18/4 red, 18/2 red, 22/4, 22/2 -- all uncut and verified by feet markers on box to wire, all Honeywell Genesis except for two CCI boxes of 18/2. I was very patient and purchased several thousand feet of wire to my door cheaper than what one box of 22/4 or 18/2 would have cost me retail.

I even got one box free because I purchased it and the seller made a mistake on the listing -- listed as white but was orange. He sent it UPS and refunded every penny including shipping because of the mistake. Great seller and great deal.

I just use 23AWG Cat-6 from Monoprice. $77 or so for 1000'. And I get 4 pair instead of just 2.

i thought about that but since i got cat5e instead of cat6, i wasn't sure the 24awg would work very well.

No problems so far. If I ever install something that I think 23AWG is too small for, I'll just double up a couple of them. But all of my motions, glass, water, and other powered sensors are working just fine off one 23AWG pair for power.

If you missed my post from a few weeks ago, it might be worth heading over to Home Depot. They had 16/4 in-wall rated speaker wire clearance-priced at 8-11c/foot. Just make sure you check the "cut wire" section on the thing that's kind of like a big ferris wheel, because that's where it's most likely to be. Also, if it's priced higher, have them double-check it on the computer... a few others here got them to either discover that it was already marked down electronically & just hadn't been re-tagged on the shelf, or talked them into marking it down on the spot.

If you missed my post from a few weeks ago, it might be worth heading over to Home Depot. They had 16/4 in-wall rated speaker wire clearance-priced at 8-11c/foot. Just make sure you check the "cut wire" section on the thing that's kind of like a big ferris wheel, because that's where it's most likely to be. Also, if it's priced higher, have them double-check it on the computer... a few others here got them to either discover that it was already marked down electronically & just hadn't been re-tagged on the shelf, or talked them into marking it down on the spot.

i saw that, and thanks! i bought ~450 ft for $0.08/ft. :)

Back