15" ELO Refurbs - Great deal

Hi, Just wonder some question see if someone can help:

1. what is the thickness of these LCD?
2. what is the ventilation has to be done if I put inside the brick wall?
3. What is the maximum power consumption of these LCD?
4. What kind of computer do you guy installed? Where do you hide it?

Wow. I just received one of these in the mail. Michael did a GREAT job with the packing and the support. I felt like as soon as I hit the buy it now button it was on my doorstep. Unfortunately I kept installing the wrong driver on 3 computers and was having trouble getting it to go. 1 call to Michael and problem solved. Looking forward to doing more business in the future.

Does anyone know what how a cable should be constructed in order to work with the ELO's RS-232 port? Will a plain-vanilla null-modem cable work?

I searched the forum for "ELO serial pinout" but came up empty-handed.

When making a serial cable with a device (when I don't have its orginal cable) I always solder one end, then on the other use jumpers for pins 2 & 3. I try straight through first, then if that doesn't work, I cross pins 2 & 3 (which is easy to do via the jumpers). Then I solder the correct combination in place! Of course this is assuming that the device only uses pins 2, 3, and 5!

I can never keep track with null modem, straight through, etc... and all peripherals are different is seems.

Of course if I have the original working cable, I just ring it out to see how its wired :p.

Wow. I just received one of these in the mail. Michael did a GREAT job with the packing and the support. I felt like as soon as I hit the buy it now button it was on my doorstep. Unfortunately I kept installing the wrong driver on 3 computers and was having trouble getting it to go. 1 call to Michael and problem solved. Looking forward to doing more business in the future.
Isn't this the same guy that was great at first, but ph0n33z has been trying to contact for over a month without a reply? Sounds very inconsistent.

I am dreading up an old topic, but I need to replace my 1545 by the looks of it and I was hoping santistuff had a source for more, or another model that would use the same mount I built.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I am dreading up an old topic, but I need to replace my 1545 by the looks of it and I was hoping santistuff had a source for more, or another model that would use the same mount I built.

Anyone have any suggestions?

What went wrong with yours? I would keep a look out on Ebay as they do show up now and then.

Specificity it wont power on. I tested it to the best of my ability, but I have no Tech manual on the pinouts to narrow down what the issue might be.

I stopped getting the on screen adj controls or the "No Signal" message.

Specificity it wont power on. I tested it to the best of my ability, but I have no Tech manual on the pinouts to narrow down what the issue might be.

I stopped getting the on screen adj controls or the "No Signal" message.

I have one that the TS isn't working. I wonder if you could combine the two.

I haven't had much luck, that may be my best bet. Im sure it would work. Easiest is if it is the controller board is dead. Removing and re-adhering the glass with the sensors could be a good bit of a headache. Yours is an Acoustic Pulse version?

I haven't had much luck, that may be my best bet. Im sure it would work. Easiest is if it is the controller board is dead. Removing and re-adhering the glass with the sensors could be a good bit of a headache. Yours is an Acoustic Pulse version?

Without going to dig it out of the box I have stashed away and looking it up I believe the model is ET1545L-8UWC-1 (same as the one I have in my showcase blog). Like I said the monitor itself powers up but the TS doesn't work.

The touchpanel is double sided rubber pad as far as I can tell. I might consider letting it go as I have a working spare for the unit I have pictured in my blog so I doubt I would need this one.

Would ask $40 plus shipping costs.

John

Back