120 volt AC input relay

politics123

I have a Solar thermal system, which turns on and off based on a differential controller. I'd like to detect when the pumps are running

Solar Differential Controller:
- one (120v AC) normally closed circuit (controls pumps)
- one (120v AC) normally open circuit (doesn't do anything right now, nothing plugged in)

Anyone know of a way to detect the presence of (but not flow) of 120v AC? (eg: an AC input relay that drives a contact closure)

Thanks!

Anyone know of a way to detect the presence of (but not flow) of 120v AC? (eg: an AC input relay that drives a contact closure)
I guess I don't understand your question since virtually all relays sense voltage. Can you clarify?

Radio Shack and almost all electronics dealers sell 120 Volt AC relays.
Can you wire one to the 120 volt outlet and use one set of the relays contacts for the elk zone?

Ain't got enough posts to post a link but if you go onto any site like mouser etc in the relay section and you will have several selection boxes - selet coil voltage 120vac, usually the coil will be rated low voltage and the contacts high voltage - you just need to swap that around.

Another option, albeit a little more expensive, that is self-contained.

There are other similar devices from the same company for various load types, configurations, coil voltages, etc.

Ira

Back