1-wire adaptor

psgdragon

Hi, I have just received my order from Hobby Boards which included the 1-wire adaptor, I am running vista 64bit so I downloaded the drivers from the Maxim site, but they don't install the device correctly, once the software installs and I plug in the device it prompts to restart, once that's done it installs again and then prompts to restart - and just keeps doing that. Does anyone use this adaptor under Vista 64Bit? I have the current updates from Microsoft. I'm not using the UAC in Vista so I don't think it's a administrator problem. I have contacted Maxim as well. Any ideas as it works fine under Windows XP Pro.

I don't remember doing anything special but I have the drivers running on Win7 64bit and previously had it running on Vista 64bit.

Eric

I don't remember doing anything special but I have the drivers running on Win7 64bit and previously had it running on Vista 64bit.

Eric

This is really strange :) , tried everything I can think of and no luck at installing the device, only thing I can do is try reinstalling Vista - an extreme thing but the only way to make sure that something is not messed up. I also noted that I can not run the 1-wire viewer program that keeps stating that I don't have a installed 64bit JDK or JRE installed. I think something has really messed up my install of Vista. Come Friday I will be reinstalling Windows

Hi, I have just received my order from Hobby Boards which included the 1-wire adaptor, I am running vista 64bit so I downloaded the drivers from the Maxim site, but they don't install the device correctly, once the software installs and I plug in the device it prompts to restart, once that's done it installs again and then prompts to restart - and just keeps doing that. Does anyone use this adaptor under Vista 64Bit? I have the current updates from Microsoft. I'm not using the UAC in Vista so I don't think it's a administrator problem. I have contacted Maxim as well. Any ideas as it works fine under Windows XP Pro.

Problem solved <_< , I needed an older version of Java, I had version 6 update 21, so I installed version 5 update 22 and it all worked :D but by this point I had reinstalled Vista and found the problem was still there. Oh well I have a nice clean install to start from.

Glad to hear that you figured it out. Strange that it didn't work with version 6 update 21. I use version 6 but I don't know what update.

Eric

Back