OmniPro II and Airscape Whole House Fan

mattbuff5

I have an airscape whole house fan.  I have attached a link to the installation manual.  Page 9 and 10 show schematics for the low voltage (24v) controls.  I can skip the wall switch when wiring directly from the Omnipro to the Airscape control board.  The wires at the airscape control board that need connected are "COM RED", "START BLACK", and "HI-SPEED BLUE/WHITE".  The installation manual does not indicate any voltage ratings but assuming colors, I'm guessing I would assign two outputs from the Omnipro to the Airscape with one +24 going to COM, the other +24 going to HI-SPEED BLUE/WHITE and the START BLACK going to GND.  Does anybody have any experience with this?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1HlZbfAv5l55THCTCDIfMBdYDMzxbwzrgb-22WIv5becATLb4-vQtw4NVf5bH/edit?usp=sharing

I don't think you need to supply voltage as it's provided by the control board through the COM RED wire. Instead, you want to hook up a relay so that when the relay is activated, it interconnects the COM RED and START BLACK wires - I would assume this would provide the low speed setting. Another relay would then be required to interconnect the COM RED and HI-SPEED BLUE/WHITE wires - which probably provides the high speed setting. What's unclear, is that do you keep both relays activated for high speed, or only the relay controlling the HI-SPEED wire. This would have to be confirmed by investigating how the wall switch works by using the  conductivity feature of a multimeter. 

Back