[Home Automation Software] LinuxMCE

I noticed you set the status to 'Active', but is it really still in development?  I thought for sure it had been discontinued/forked.

Yup; still active.

Been in contact with one of the authors.  He originally contacted me to give his software a try. 

That and I am helping a bit with integrating DECT phone connectivity and Zigbee stuff on one custom client capacitance touchscreen client. 

I currently have the Openpeak 2.0 running a 2gb version of XBMC.  It is fine at streaming 1080 broadcast TV/recorded video.  I have another running HS HSTouch which works in Linux, Android or Wintel versions of OS on these boxes; also have the HAI Omntouch Pro software running on these boxes. 

Another Openpeak box is running an embedded version of 1 Gb OS Squeezebox player. 

Linux included base OS basic include number flash widget for all sorts of internet media and local connectivity.  Developed also base flash linux included DECT and Zigbee chip widgets around 2010 or so.  The Openpeak 2.0 also included a mini web cam attachement to the top of case / device.  I am currently looking modification of a mini USB webcam to attach to the top of the Openframe 2.0.  So far its only about $20 in parts. 

index.php

This one above is known as the Openpeak 1.0.  It has Gb, wireless, DECT and a Zigbee chip in it.  It is an Atom based capacitance touchscreen which runs Linux, Windows and Android.
It has a PATA ZIF connector which I am using today with SSD ZIF drives (fits inside nicely).

index.php

This one is known as the Openpeak 2.0.  It has a DECT chip and a Zigbee chip inside.  Traces on the board include a PATA ZIF (working), SD Card, SIM Card and working PCiE card slot.

LinuxMCE works right now with Z-Wave, X-10, KNX/EIB, EnOcean and Insteon.  RFXCom is being working on. 

Asterisk PBX, CCTV and security is also integrated into LinuxMCE.  XBMC like multimedia is also part of LinuxMCE.

Thinking I can continue to utilize my MythTV box for live video streaming and control via the LinuxMCE box.

Installed the LinuxMCE OS on another computer yesterday.  Installation was plugnplay.  It is an Ubuntu base.  A couple of concerns is that the base wants to be the center of my network.  I do not mind though that it uses DHCP for its remote devices called "orbiters".

That said may install it on a separate VLAN or better yet a separate network. 

Thinking I should turn this into a blog as it will be getting a bit involved.

Back