EOL resistor value for HAI OPII

pete_c

Guru
I'm replacing an EOL resistor on one zone of my HAI OPII. I'm using a 1K ohm resistor and noticed that the value is kind of sticking around 132 where as the rest of the zones are around 149.

I'm thinking maybe I didn't utilize a 1K ohm resistor on the rest of the zones. Anyone have an idea what value I should utilize to get a value of 149?

I checked continuity to the panel and it is fine. I dropped the old one while on a ladder into some bushes.

Found an HAI resistor pack. Worked; now value is 149; odd must be different than 1K ohms.

Thanks Desert_AIP

I had a Radio Shack resistor pack which was marked 1K Ohm 1/2 Watt 5% tolerance. The HAI EOL resistor pack wasn't marked though.

So really then I shouldn't use the %5 tolerance ones; they didn't work anyways.

Thank-you Desert_AIP.

I was getting an an alarm (132) with the RS 1K ohm resistor. Now I am wondering if it wasn't what the package said it was. I have issues reading the banding colors on the resistors and didn't take it to a multimeter (which I should have).

The resistor was just replacing another one that was wired in series. I recently replaced all of the camera boards in my Optex Combo PIR/analogue outdoor devices. BTW upgraded the Optex camera piece to a 650TVL 3.6MM lens color board; redoing the cabling a bit. Big difference in the video. Noticed too that the Optex combos were not really weathered at all after 7 years. Plastic wasn't sun sun baked and interior of device was fine.

I was adjusting the PIR on the one in question and bent the wire / resistor one too many times and it fell off (it was soldered and had shrink tubing on it). I have the front door PIR set to ring the doorbell with the HAI OPII.

I assumed reading the documentation that the RS 1K Ohm resistor would work fine; but it kept giving me a value of 132 (alarmed). Once I put in a resistor from the EOL HAI resistor "package" that I had; the value went to 148 (non alarm). None of it made any sense to me; as the continuity of the wires and the function of the PIR was fine.

Here's the old and new boards. Switching the 6 mm driveway cam lens to 3.6mm lens in the next few days.

Attachments

• DW-1.jpg
    DW-1.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 14
Last week updated the WUN weather cam with a reasonably priced analogue under $100 camera. The older one was working fine; I did noticed though that the balun and RJ-45 connections (sealed?) had weathered some.

Pushing my ZM box some and not really too happy with the quality of the picture on this one although the resolution is supposed to be 700TVL. Might try another one.

Attachments

• NewWUNCAM.jpg
    NewWUNCAM.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 11
Back