Elk M1 Gold stopped sending emails

TriLife

Hello,

On 2 Oct 2018, I received my last email from my ELK M1 Gold. I made non changes.

Using gmx.com, with port 587.

Changed to Gmail, same port, as per Gmail. Nada.

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

Do you have any other device you can configure to send in exactly the same way as you expect M1G to send?  Maybe your ISP is blocking or something/ 

Are you using any kind of network level antivirus or intrusion prevention?   Many more devices are now trying to work at the router (default gateway) level.

Any chance you can rig a monitor port and run wireshark?   (If those words do not mean anything already to you, probably the best is to ignore this question). 

Hi Linwood;

Thanks for the quick response.

It was much simpler than that. In December last year, I changed ISPs, from ATT (arghh) to Suddenlink (also arghh, but faster and cheaper). That obviously changed my DNS, which I failed to update in the M1XEP. Why the unit kept sending emails for 10 months and all of a sudden stopped, no idea...

Once I updated the DNS, all things went back to normal, using both GMX and Gmail (port 587). Gmail used to not work a few years ago, which is why I got a gmx account in the first place. Back to Gmail again and happy. 

BTW, this is part of the troubleshooting in the M1XEP manual... Well done ELK!

Thanks again for your help.

My guess is it rebooted at some point and stopped working then, and prior had cached the address.  I was surprised to find my M1G reboots several times a year.  Very infrequent, but still unexpected. 

Same on my email gmail account.  Stop working a few months ago.  Nothing changed.  Same router and home ISP.  Any idea to check?

Back