1-Wire Moisture Meter

ericvic

We are not quite ready for a beta of the new Moisture Meter but when we get there I would like a few volunteers to test the new Moisture Meter. I am looking for someone who is currently having troubles with our UVI Meter (because the new Moisture Meter will have our custom 1-Wire slave and may have the same problem) and I am looking for someone who has used our old Moisture Meter and has some isolation problems and needed an isolation transformer. If you would like to be in the pool then reply to this post and let me know your setup.

Thanks,
Eric

Put me down as a possible "volunteer". I have 2 of the old moisture sensors which now work okay after my mod with the transformer. I have one UVI sensor which as far as I know is working okay. What problem with the UVI are you referring to ?

An older version of the UVI firmware had problems on some 1-Wire networks where the timing was on the edge of spec but we have that problem straightened out.

Unfortunately the Moisture Meter is delayed until about February because of a shortage of a critical part.

Eric

Eric:

In trying to get this sensor running I see now that it is a custom chip. I use xapmcs1wire which is built on top of the open source owapi driver. Are you familiar with anyone developing an update to owapi to interface with this board? I'm not sure exactly what will be involved in getting the software package updated but wanted to do some research

owapi is a low level library to access a 1-Wire network. There shouldn't need to be be any changes in the library, all the changes would be in higher level code.

Eric

Back