Elk M1 DST trigger still an issue.

Doofy

Have owned system for nearly 4 yrs. and it has always seemed to struggle with Daylight Saving Time changes. Verified Time Server and DST settings are correct. DST change correctly set to occur on first Sunday in Nov. (which is Nov 6 this year), but system triggered DST change today (Nov1). This was readily apparent because I have the M1 announcing time every 1/2hr during weekday mornings to keep me on track to leave for work... and it is off by 1hr today.

Elk Tech Support said they have experienced same issue today and are looking to have it resolved in next rev. Just a bit surprised that a system that works so well automating functions has such a headache with automating DST change. In the interim, Will manually set the DST change(G01-G05) to Nov6 and see if that will get time back on track for now.

This has bitten me for the last two years too. I set my globals last spring and so far so good. I guess we'll see what happens Sunday. It is nice that Elk allows you to change it to whatever you want, a lot more future proof than most systems.

I had a LaCrosse clock I had to throw out too because it was always off after the DST changes. I am sure the costs to update all the systems in the country to the new DST was way above any perceived savings in energy costs, but no one ever accused congress or dubya of having any common sense.

Mine fell back 3 days in a row... I would fix the time but the next morning it would be an hour behind still. REALLY annoying. Rebooted the panel, we'll see what happens tomorrow....

I had a LaCrosse clock I had to throw out too because it was always off after the DST changes. I am sure the costs to update all the systems in the country to the new DST was way above any perceived savings in energy costs, but no one ever accused congress or dubya of having any common sense.

Don't know about the energy savings either, but as far as I am concerned I love it. I would be driving home in the dark for the 6 more weeks a year and not be able to get a darn thing done in the yard except on weekends. If it were up to me, I would get rid of standard time altogether and have DST always. It does me no good to have the sun in the sky when I am stuck inside a building.

I don't believe time synchronization is the issue and am convinced reboots won't solve the problem. I suspect that if you are syncing with a time server, it will grab the base time (probably GMT) correctly, apply your designated time zone adjustment correctly, but fail when interpreting whether to correct for DST. It is not suppose to kick in until 1st Sunday in Nov, but mine kicked in as soon as Nov hit. The failed logic seems to be in the determination of whether the 1st Sunday of the month has been reached. I tested this by hard setting the DST date to Nov6 and the clock has been correct each day since. You should see same results. Not a huge problem for a DIY'r, but can be a point of contention for users who paid for installation.

Back