What Windows GUI HA application do you use in your home?

jwilson56

Thought it would be interesting to see the penetration for each application. If you chose none of the above please leave a message as to what you use if anything. Thanks

Also if you don't use one at the moment be sure to check my blog link (below) for details on my Now Playing project that covers music, lighting, security and a bunch of other HA functions all from a touchscreen interface.

Of course, these results are a little skewed now since a link was posted on at least 3 forums (Girder/NetRemote, Main Lobby and Elve) inviting members to vote here ;)

Well I think its great to see the response to those that are passionate with what they use so I don't mind it at all. Bring it on as they say.

I added a message on Homeseer so that should cover all bases.

Today with HS I just use HS Touch.

Historically MainLobby and HS Maestro. (also custom pages, CarPC front ends, XMBC, etc)

While these are not applications, they are still gui base home automation controllers that weren't considered. Elk and ISY.

Ok, no survey being perfect....which of the apps do people believe have distributed / sold the most number of installation licenses? Post them in your rank order ;)

I'll take a stab:

Homeseer

MainLobby

Premise
HAL

Netremote or CQC
Elve

Ok, no survey being perfect....which of the apps do people believe have distributed / sold the most number of installation licenses? Post them in your rank order ;)

I'll take a stab:

Homeseer

MainLobby

Premise
HAL

Netremote or CQC
Elve

Well as HSTouch is recent I might not put that combo at the top. Also some people I am sure switched so are not using what they bought so it is still best to say what are they currently using at the moment. I am sure some are in the file cabinet and not being used at all.

It would also be cool to see everyone post a screen shot from their system to see the variety that is out there.

Thinking of doing my own through a modified version of RideRunner (used to be RoadRunner).

Or might go with HSTouch (as it runs on more "stuff", i.e. iPad, iPod, Android, just about anything, there's a client for it).

My plan is to just extend VGA from the server, so as long as I upgrade the server, I'll always be able to use my touchscreens. No worries about going out of "date" as my Audreys did (they just couldn't do what I wanted them to do).

--Dan

Back