Premise Premise Email

Motorola Premise

nov0798

Ok so Ive had an Elk M1G for some time now. Apparently Verizon has changed their email ports from 25 to 597 or something. Anyway, many users utilizing the Elk XEP ethernet controller to send emails, now cannot. The issue only becomes more complicated since the XEP cannot send authenticated emails (SSL) or something. Anyway I was wondering if I can use Premise to read the rules from the M1G, and then use an email account to send the email? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks
Brian

Ok so I just saw this
http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php...58&hl=email

But how do I get the M1G to send rules to the Premise program which will then send the email? Do I need to create the rules in Premise? im so confused. I wish this program (Premise) had a basic entry level "this is how you do it dummy" instruction manual!

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking - do you have 123's ELK module? Can you give an example of what you're trying to do?
I think the key will be you won't use Verizon for your SMTP server, you'll use Gmail or something..

Short answer, yes. I think. Look in the help section and you should see the webserver description. I think 123 had some verbage in these forums, as well.

Yea I saw that module, but I dont know how to tell Premise to send an email based off of an M1G rule!

Yea I have the M1 module, and I have the email module, just not sure how to get the M1 rules to send a command to the Premise server, and then tell it to fire an email.

I would examine the documentation detailing the RS232 protocol for the Elk M1G (this may be on the Elk M1 dealer site). If there's nothing in the RS232 protocol to do what you are trying to do, it probably can't easily be done.

If you can't use the protocol to send "rules," I would use Premise to monitor the outputs of the M1G or whatever triggers the rule, then add code to send the email. Since you can't add code directly under Devices, you should add your code under Home. To do this, you first need to add a home object that will bind to an output of the M1G found under Custom Devices. This home device can be any of any home security object that uses a boolean such as MotionDetector, Zone or etc... Once you have everything bound correctly, create the onchange property scripts by right clicking on the home object then navigating New->Script->Property Change. Be sure to select the bound property to trigger the script. Next, add the vbscript code to send an email to yourself when the property is triggered. This may use 123's email module or any vbscrpt code found on google to send the email.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 9
WOW, thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I am still new to the Premise program, and still dont understand alot. While your explanation somewhat makes sense to me, it is extremely hard for me to follow, since I dont truly understand. Basically I would like to send an email that says x when user code y is used in a disarm state, and an email that says x when user code y is used in an arm state, etc. Also rules that send an email when the arm state is armed, 3 min has passed, and the garage door is still open.

I really need "shit simple" examples of things to understand how they work, etc

This is very easy to do once you become familiar with Premise (and vbscript). Take a look at the examples found in this zip file:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4EpaTW08R...zZjZl&hl=en

I've included examples that do both tasks from your previous post. Be sure to study how I have mirrored the M1's rules to send an email using Premise (i.e. study the scripts under Home). Also study these sections: Home, Devices and Modules.

To use the exmaple: install Premise, open Premise Builder and go to File->Restore from client and select this example file.

You'll have to configure the SSMTP using the instructions found below. Modules is where you will need to configure the SSMTP module.
http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php...mp;showfile=160

You'll also need to configure Premise so it knows which COM port the Elk M1G is connected too... To do this go to Devices->Custom Devices->M1_Panel think set the "Network" under "Serial Communication."

There reallly isn't a "simple" way to learn how to do use Premise other than practice (i.e. spending time). I would start by watching the videos (plan on spending a few hours for this) found on http://www.cocoontech.com/wiki/Premise, reading the Premise help files and reading previous posts on this forum. Also, please redirect the other Elk M1 folks to this post who are in the same situation as you.

Back