J9 Automation Engine - Version 0.13

johnnynine

Version 0.13 is now available for download.

The Z-Wave driver now supports polling device levels so that light levels are now read from non-ViziaRF devices. Two new drivers have been added so this is a milestone version with support for 50 device drivers. Several of the lighting and electrical drivers now support assigning names to each module. An Exit button control has been added to the touch screen builder controls. The Global Variables driver now supports initial variable values.

The highlights are: (A complete list can be viewed here.)

New Device Support
  • Bluetooth Proximity
  • Nintendo Wii Remote
New Driver Features
  • The Z-Wave (ViziaRF RZC0P) driver now polls device levels at a specified interval so that non-ViziaRF device levels can be up-to-date.
  • The Global Variables driver now supports setting initial variable values when the device starts up.
  • The Z-Wave, Insteon, and some X10 drivers now support entering a name for each module in the configuration settings.
  • The X10 CM15A driver now supports receiving light level changes.
  • The Date & Time driver now limits the timezone setting range to -12 to +13.
Touch Screens
  • Added an Exit Button user interface control to the Touch Screen Viewer/Builder applications that can be used to close the viewer application.
Configuration Fix
  • Fixed an issue that failed to prevent duplicate device names (which would cause a the masters service to fail to startup).

The Z-Wave driver now supports polling device levels so that light levels are now read from non-ViziaRF devices. New Driver Features
  • The Z-Wave (ViziaRF RZC0P) driver now polls device levels at a specified interval so that non-ViziaRF device levels can be up-to-date.
Dang! Great job, you're now ahead of both CQC & Elk in terms of the depth of your ViziaRF support!

On behalf of those of us who have dozens of non-ViziaRF devices purchased before we purchased ViziaRF controllers, I thank you for advancing the cause!

To keep user's informed, I'm posing the known Issues with the most recent release:

• The J. River Media Center driver (JRMC) does not send play/pause and volume change notifications to touch screens when only one zone is configured (and under other ceircumstances).
  • The SDK is not up to date.
These issues will be corrected in a patch release likely on Sunday.

Johnny

Johnny,

The "OneWire" driver looks to be missing from this release

The one wire driver that was provided in earlier versions was minimal and experimental and not really usable. It was removed from the installation until it moves up on the priority list. Do you have a one wire installation? If so I would be happy to work with you to make progress on the driver.

I have some onewire hardware, that is not yet configured, and I was hoping to use the driver at some point to configure it and get it working. I had installed the driver and disabled it but noticed in the latest releast it was showing driver not installed for the onewire device, which confused me..

I have some onewire hardware, that is not yet configured, and I was hoping to use the driver at some point to configure it and get it working. I had installed the driver and disabled it but noticed in the latest releast it was showing driver not installed for the onewire device, which confused me..

Let me know when you get things set up and I can work with you on the One Wire driver.

Johnny

Back