How best to apply dielectric grease?

Hi,

I has several sachets of dielectric grease to help protect 1-wire connections to HB boards, but I'm not sure how best to use it?

Is it best to put the plug in then seal around with grease, or is some other approach better?

David

Hi,

I has several sachets of dielectric grease to help protect 1-wire connections to HB boards, but I'm not sure how best to use it?

Is it best to put the plug in then seal around with grease, or is some other approach better?

David

The best way is to put the grease directly in the jack you want to protect and then plug in the cable.

Eric

An afterthought...

On boards with a pair of RJ45 sockets, if the board is currently the last in the chain and one socket is thus unused, would it be an idea to put dielectric in the 'empty' socket too? I'm guesing that the grease would remain flexible and simple be forced out of the way if the second socket was needed later on?

David

An afterthought...

On boards with a pair of RJ45 sockets, if the board is currently the last in the chain and one socket is thus unused, would it be an idea to put dielectric in the 'empty' socket too? I'm guesing that the grease would remain flexible and simple be forced out of the way if the second socket was needed later on?

David

Yes, I would put it in both sockets. It will remain flexible and the socket could be easily used later if needed.

Eric

An afterthought...

David

Yes, I would put it in both sockets. It will remain flexible and the socket could be easily used later if needed.

Eric

would it be advised to work with BNC connectors for video?

Back