Is Intermatic Discontinuing Zwave Products?

mlester

I have heard from multiple sources rumors that Intermatic is dicontinuing it's Zwave product line. Does anyone know if this is true? Is there anything written from Intermatic confirming this?

I have heard from multiple sources rumors that Intermatic is dicontinuing it's Zwave product line. Does anyone know if this is true? Is there anything written from Intermatic confirming this?
That's interesting, can you state the source of these rumors?

I asked Intermatic, this is the response I got:
We are not creating new products at this time. We are continuing to sell and support our existing inventory.

Wow. And I was just about to buy my first devices to begin a slow replacement of my Insteon (which, thanks to ISY99i, has been not too painful...only two failed devices in two years!)

But with this, I think that Intermatic is off the table for me. I don't want to buy into a semi-proprietary system that is dead-ended.

What would those in the know recommend for Zwave instead of Intermatic?

Or is it time to look more seriously at ZigBee for wireless mesh?

Wow. And I was just about to buy my first devices to begin a slow replacement of my Insteon (which, thanks to ISY99i, has been not too painful...only two failed devices in two years!)

But with this, I think that Intermatic is off the table for me. I don't want to buy into a semi-proprietary system that is dead-ended.

What would those in the know recommend for Zwave instead of Intermatic?

Or is it time to look more seriously at ZigBee for wireless mesh?

I think its time to embrace UPB. Sales are not much higher than Z-Wave, but it has a solid base with the professional installer community, and a solid, smaller ecosystem. ZigBee will someday be popular, but its many years away.

I think its time to embrace UPB. Sales are not much higher than Z-Wave, but it has a solid base with the professional installer community, and a solid, smaller ecosystem. ZigBee will someday be popular, but its many years away.

I am there except for the "slow replacement of my Insteon" part. As I understand it, the two systems are not compatible to operate simultaneously. Besides, I was very comfortable with using my Elk to tie together my Insteon and Zwave systems. I might have to go with Vizia, it just seemed even more proprietary than other Zwave products and looks more expensive per node.

UPB should work just fine in an Insteon environment.

Oh, well that changes everything.

I've been avoiding going UPB because I didn't want to give up my working Insteon nodes.

Thanks for curing my ignorance! Now I'm off to figure out what I need to control UPB with my Elk. :icon_pai:

Back